Bridge Views with Students
MSMU Travels Prague, Czech Republic PragueBlog 2018

Come #CzechOutLifeAbroad with me!

Dobry Den! Ja jsem Emma a studji v Praze.

Or, for those of you who don’t speak Czech… Good day! I’m Emma and I’m studying in Prague. I am a junior who has a passion for travel and exploring different cultures. At the Mount, I am studying Communication and Business.

This is my first time in the Czech Republic, but not my first time in Europe. This past June, I studied abroad with Mount St. Mary’s in Salzburg, Austria, where a couple of my friends and I first started the Salzblog experience. I loved my time in Austria, so I am so happy and excited to have another opportunity to share my experiences in Prague with you, but this time, for a whole semester instead of just a month.

In this blog I want to share what it is like to live the life of a student abroad, rather than a tourist. I can already see how I am doing things differently here in Prague than if I was visiting the city for vacation with my family.

We have been in Prague a little over two weeks, and we have already experienced so much. One of the main things I quickly realized about this city is that it is absolutely beautiful! During our Czech History and Czech Life and Culture class, we often go on field trips so I make sure to bring my camera wherever I go! Here are some shots of my adventures thus far:

Check (or Czech) back next Wednesday for my next blog post. In addition to my personal blog posts, four other Mount students are blogging this semester as well. Each of us are going to be writing about different aspects of our trip, so you can get an overall feel of multiple experiences. We also are going to be posting to the Mount Travel Instagram (@msmutravels) so you can keep up with all our adventures there too! Check out my posts about student life in Prague by following the hashtag #CzechOutLifeAbroad.