MSMU Travels Prague, Czech Republic PragueBlog 2018

#PragueJogs to Petřín Tower

Welcome to another week of running adventures! This is my last week before fall break, so I felt like I had to make a grand excursion for today’s #PragueJog. This past weekend, my boyfriend Jeremy (#KavaMonday dude) and I hiked/ran up to the Eiffel Tower.

petrin tower
Petřín Lookout Tower is a tall steel tower in Prague. It looks like the Eiffel Tower!

I know what you’re thinking…no we didn’t run to Paris to the land of baguettes and berets. Instead, we were here in the wonderful city of Prague, which happens to have a landmark similar to the Eiffel Tower.

It is actually called the Petřín Tower, a cast-iron tower with an exquisite view of the red rooftops and spires across the city. The tower was built in 1891 and almost perfectly resembles the real Eiffel Tower in France. Its original purpose was to be used as an observatory and transmission tower. Now it is a common tourist attraction.

It was about a 2 mile run from our apartment in Karlovo Náměstí (Czech for Charles Square) to the top of the hill. The hill itself is filled with apple trees which travelers are free to take. As we got to the top, there were a few other tourist attractions as well. Since the Czech Republic is historically a Catholic nation, there were many religious structures; there was a little chapel and stations of the cross spread out across the way. While we were up there, we decided to climb up the tower, which was dreadful.

I do NOT recommend this for people who are afraid of heights, but the view was worth it.

I hope you enjoy a few pictures from our journey! Thanks for staying tuned for my #RunsThroughPrague! Make sure you Czech out Emma’s blog tomorrow: #CzechOutLifeAbroad.

Shaadi and apple
I snagged one of the apples from the trees on the way up!

See you after Fall break! Na shledanou! (that’s goodbye in Czech)😃