espresso
MSMU Travels Prague, Czech Republic PragueBlog 2018

Blah Blah Blah

For the third installment of #KavaMondays, I decided to stop by a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop/bar that, to me, is one of the most basic yet attractive cafes I’ve visited yet. The café itself is no bigger than a suburban living room, and delivered just enough aesthetic, like something out of an Ikea magazine, to reel me in to try their coffee. The name of the café complimented the look: “Welcome to Blah Blah coffee,” the barista said as I sat at the bar.

blah blah barista
The barista was ready for his close up.

The coffee was not as expensive as I thought it would be; however, the quality proved otherwise. Normally I would order a café latte, which typically consists of more milk than coffee, but just enough coffee to give you that jolt of caffeine. However, today I decided to go with a different option and chose an espresso dopamo. To be honest, I had no idea what the dopamo part meant, but it sounded fancy so I needed to see what it tasted like. Unfortunately, my high-hopes were short-lived because the coffee was nothing more than an ordinary espresso. But on the bright side, the cup cost no more than $2. You know what they say: “You get what you pay for.”

Aside from the subpar coffee experience, the café itself was very warm and welcoming; radiating a friendly atmosphere throughout the shop. The one thing I have noticed with visiting various cafés, is just how inviting and friendly the venue is; and, moreover, how they aim to provide visual aesthetics as their primary lure. To add, as of now I would rank Blah Blah as the second most interesting café I have visited; however, it is still very early to determine which coffee shop is the best.

To conclude, if you ever have the chance to visit this small shop, make sure to do two things:

1. Avoid the espresso at all costs
           You have been warned.
  2. Just enjoy and soak in the ambiance of Blah Blah
           I promise you won’t regret it.

Make sure to check in next Monday as I plan on visiting one of Prague’s more eco-friendly coffee shops!