Florence 2022 Florence, Italy MSMU Travels

Jet Skiing in Paradise!

For the last week, I’ve been in Cagliari, Sardinia, with fellow bloggers Aubrey Preske, Katie Farrell, and Rachael Neal. The four of us got an Airbnb very close to the beach, hoping to be able to relax on the soft sand and enjoy the warm weather. 

Unfortunately, it’s still cold here, and the water is freezing, so we didn’t get to sit on the beach all day like we had planned. Despite that, we still had a lot of fun and really loved our time in Sardinia! 

Yesterday we took a trip into the city of Cagliari to get gelato. I got cremino bigusto, and it’s my new favorite flavor (for now… ). I wasn’t sure what exactly was in it, but I know there was milk chocolate, salted caramel, and I think white chocolate. It was very delicious, and I hope I can find it again one day. I think it was the perfect way to end a perfect vacation. It was the best combination of salty and sweet. Sitting on the bench and watching the people of Cagliari walk past made me take a moment to reflect on all that we have done this last week. A lot of it was things I wouldn’t ordinarily do, so I feel very proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and creating new, amazing memories to look back on in the future. 

On Sunday, we did an all-day tour with Sardinia Dream Tours. Letting a random guy pick us up from our Airbnb and drive us far away from any towns and spending all day with said random guy…I was definitely hesitant at first! However, I went with the other girls and we had the best time! Our tour guide, Francesco, was amazing. He basically gave us a private tour when he took us in his 4×4 Jeep and showed us a few gorgeous beaches that had us all speechless. During the tour, we became great friends with him, and he even offered to take us out on his jet ski on Tuesday. We were his first paying customers, and he even let us drive the jet ski! 

Despite being friends with Francesco, I was also a little timid about hopping on a jet ski with him. The last time I remembered being on a jet ski was maybe ten years ago, and the only thing I remember is clinging to my dad as he did donuts on the jet ski, praying I didn’t fall in and that he would stop soon. 

This time, however, there was not a single moment I did not have a huge grin on my face. When I drove it, I got the jet ski up to seventy-something kilometers per hour. It felt like I was flying, and I didn’t have to worry about any turns, people, or other vehicles to watch out for; I could go as fast as I wished. Even now as I type this, I want to get back on it and just let myself fly. 

We leave today, and all four of us have every intention of returning to Cagliari. This was literally paradise on Earth, and we’re all sad to say goodbye. Between the beautiful, crystal-clear waters, the soft, sandy beaches, the delicious gelato, and the kind people we met, Cagliari almost feels like a new home. I can’t wait to come back someday, hopefully see Francesco, and definitely get cremino bigusto gelato again!